Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hong Kong Tour

We had an incredible tour of Hong Kong with our HK guide Ben. We are touring with one other family that arrived early, Jeanne and Jason from Chicago. We are both so glad we arrived early and are having a great time together. We went on a sampan ride, up Victoria Peak and shopping at the Aberdeen Jewelry Factory.....where they ply you with beer to open your wallet....it works! Karen got something for herself and for Charlotte. We also went to Repulse Bay and later rode the famous Star ferry at dark when HK was all lit up....pictures didn't come out well...but what an amazing view. We then ate/drank some good Chinese food/beer and watched the laser light show over HK from Kowloon.....wow!! We all fell asleep on the bus ride back and passed out at the hotel.

Today we are off to the Po Lin monastary.....there's 268 steps to walk so we should be good and tired tonight!! Tomorrow morning we fly to JiangXi and will meet out daughter!!! We still can't believe it's finally going to happen!! I will post next on Tuesday night (our time)!!!




Floating Restaurant


Sampan




Hong Kong

Our current travel group (Jeanne and Jason are great fun)

14 comments:

KennedysNC said...

Praise the Lord, we do not have to refresh the screen any more today! Just kidding! We are happy to see that all is going well after an eventful trip over, but you are there, one day from Charlotte and thats all that matters! Hey, did you copy our photos on your BLOG? Ann Marie and I swear that somewhere it says "stand tourist here" on the pavement! None the less, have a blast, for tomorrow you will change forever! Oh, and Ann Marie said "Post lots of photos and quick tomorrow night!"

Refreshing by the second...
Mike, Ann Marie and Savannah

Anonymous said...

Very happy to see that you 2 arrived safely. Sounds and looks like you are having a great time. Kelly and I are so excited for both of you. We can't wait to see pictures of Mom and Dad with Charlotte. We are so happy for both of you.

Gradito5 said...

Karen, Chris and Charlotte Grace, I know where you are it is already 'Charlotte Tuesday' and we are so excited for you! You have waited a long time for this, and I know how lucky you are going to be to have Charlotte in your life. The girls are all excited to see the pictures when you become a family with Charlotte Grace (they ALWAYS use her middle name). Babies are always happy news!!! Love, Jill, Peter, and the girls

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen and Chris! We are glad you arrived safely and are enjoying hearing about your adventure. We will be thinking of you as you receive your precious daughter and enter into the incredible experience of parenthood. Can't wait to see pics!!!
Tim, Tina, Emilia, & Madeline

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Hong Kong! I told you it is a wonderful place with great food. :)

I am so excited for you for the reunion with Charlotte tomorrow night. I will check the blog first thing tomorrow moning to see the pictures.

Have fun!

Fang and Ke

Anonymous said...

I keep looking on the computer for the both of you with Charlotte. What a wonderful day for you and the rest fo your families. We are all so anxious to see Charlotte's little face.
Seeing the pictures of Hong Kong brings back many memmoroies of the trip we had there.
Dad looks like he is having a good time too. Waiting anxiously, Mom

Anonymous said...

Didn't realize that we can comment on a blog site as well as read it. But then, I always was deficient.
Am amazed you made the HK flight. Nerves must have been frayed. Right now it's already "Charlotte Tuesday" in HK. Can't imagine the excitement the two of you are experiencing. Wish we were there but no way you'd get me in a plane for 14 hours. Looking forward to the next update.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful exciting time in all of your lives!!! So happy for you. Glad that all went well ,more or less with the trip over to Hong Kong.It's so great that you will have this whole adventure documented so that you can share it with Charlotte later on.Can't wait to meet her. cheryl&charlie

KennedysNC said...

Its 8:00 am in Hong Kong and that means it Tuesday! We cannot wait to see that first photo of Charlotte in your arms! Remember, one of you has to be working the camera!!

Mike, Ann Marie & Savannah

Anonymous said...

It's 4:25 AM on Dec 12th. Not that I was toooooo anxious to see if pictures of our grandchild were posted yet. But, alas, they weren't. Will go back to bed - at least for awhile.
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Got up early,just wanted to check for more good news and of course-pics!!!can't wait to see you all together!

Anonymous said...

I am sure you are enjoying your daughter, but where are the pictures??? I hardly slept last night thinking about you meeting Charlotte. I hope all is going well.
Love, Marybeth

Stults Family said...

Okay, I'm no math genius, but isn't it time for the pictures? Put Charlotte down for 5 minutes and let us see the happy family!!
Have fun!

Gradito5 said...

Mommy told me when I get back from school I will see new pictures of my little cousin Charlotte, I can't wait! I love you! Gianna P.S. The gate is open.....