Charlotte was great on the flight...she fell asleep just before take off, cried a bit when she woke up, which she often does and was jabbering away for the rest of the flight. Karen took Charlotte to have her visa photo taken as soon as we arrived at the hotel.
We are staying at the White Swan Hotel which is just incredible. The lobby has a 50 ft. Christmas tree and a water fall. We are on the 12th floor overlooking the Pearl River. The laser light show over the river just finished and we had a bird's eye view from our room. We had dinner at Lucy's bar and grill which has all types of food. We all went for the cheeseburgers (mine was a double) and fries. The food in China has been great and we look forward to enjoying more of it.....but after 10 days we needed that burger.
Tomorrow Charlotte has her medical examination for US immigration. After that I think we're going shopping.
11 comments:
Glad that the flight was uneventful. I know how sad you are to be taking Charlotte away from her birthplace but luckily she is going to have parents who wont let her forget. BTW, Gianna told me that Charlotte needs a boat to play with for Christmas AND Peter said it needed to be a NOISY one :) Love, Jill, Peter, Gianna and Jacquelyn
The 2 hour flight is just a test ride compared to the almost 15 or 16 hour trip from Hong Kong to Newark. With all the babies on your plane - you'll be a LOUD hit with the rest of the passengers. Hope you have lots of movies of this trip because we'll want to see every second of them.
Grandpa & Grandma
I am glad the plane ride went so well. Hopefully the long one will go well too. Enjoy touring Guangzhou. Charlotte is still getting more and more adorable everyday.
Love, Marybeth
Thank you so much for this blog. I can't wait to read the news and see the pictures each day. She really is absolutely beautiful and so lucky to have such loving parents. I can't wait to meet her in person and would love to escape the endless house showings and all the men around here and come for a weekend to let you guys get some rest. I will cook, do laundry and yes change diapers. Keep it in mind. Love Cin
Charlotte looks like she is comfortable with everything that is happening in her world. Glad you are all on your way home. We have really enjoyed following you through the journey to Charlotte. Take care.
Carol
Great pictures again. We are glad the plane ride went well. The pictures on the plane just show how perfectly shaped a Dad's lap is for a little girl.
God Bless Mike and Richelle
Guangzhou is a great city! I remember a small Italian place that we found there. The food was great. Unfortunatley, we did not stay in the White Swan, so there is no way that I could even begin to tell you how to get there! We did a LOT of shopping there. I'm sure some of the store-keepers still remember Jill! Buy lots of "squeaky-shoes". They are a big hit in the U.S. airports!
Rusty, Jill, & Emme
Chris and Karen:
I just checked your blog for the first time since you left. Seeing the pictures of you and Charlotte together brought tears to my eyes. She is incredible!! How beautiful and precious. I can't wiat to meet here.
It was also amazing to see your pictures of Hong Kong--we were just there with the boys in October on our way to Bali! Karen, if you have time to buy a cheongsam I would recommend it!!
Love, Annette
PS I am confident that the long ride home will be uneventful--I predict that she sleeps most of the time!
Annette
HiChris&Karen,I have enjoyed every day checking out the blog. Charlotte is a beautiful baby.Charlotte is a very lucky little girl to have found you both.She couldn't have been placed with more loving parents.Of course we are all drooling to get on hands on her.Love to all of you. Aunt Camille.
Have a great time at the White Swan - we did!! We're glad to hear you will be heading home soon. It will be a sad farewell from China, but a wonderful comfort to be home as a family. Have fun shopping!
Post a Comment