Today was a day of unbelievable emotions. We walked into the room at the JiangXi Adoption Center and the babies were already there with the nannies. It was chaos!! We looked around at all the babies and finally picked out Charlotte from the crowd. They started yelling family numbers, and our China trip guide De can yell, he is LOUD. No chance of keeping a calm quiet, atmosphere. After calling families 1 through 6......they called us, 7, and handed Charlotte to Karen. She is BEAUTIFUL!!! She has been through so much today and was quite apprehensive about these funny looking strangers with big noses.
Once back at the hotel we removed the 4 layers of clothing to find this tiny little girl underneath. We changed her clothes and diaper and she layed on the bed and played a bit. She loves the plastic keys we brought but will chew on anything and she sucks her left thumb.....very cute! She is teething and already has the two top and bottom front teeth. We gave her a bottle and now she is fast asleep. Chinese room service just arrived....Fried dumplings, Nanchang style rice noodles and 2 large beers. Thanks for all your supportive comments......enjoy the pictures!
Karen, Chris and Charlotte Grace ShiCi
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
26 comments:
She is beautiful!!! I am so excited for both of you. Now Alexandra isn't the only thumb sucker. Did she go to sleep easily? Enjoy every moment with her. Keep the updates coming!
Love, Marybeth
Beautiful doesn't even begin to describe Charlotte. We're all choked up just seeing all of you. Special day to say the least. Keep the picture coming.
GP
Isn't she beautiful and cute!
I am so happy for both of you.
Enjoy every moment!
Fang and Ke
CONGRATULATIONS to all 3 of you!! What a beautiful family you make, she is absolutely adorable!!!!! I know what a long day she had but little did she know that Mom and Dad were waiting anxiously for her. We love you and give that beautiful baby a big kiss from all of us. God Bless Charlotte Grace ShiCi. Love, Auntie Jill and Uncle Peter
She is so beautiful we're speechless...What an incredible experience you have shared with us. We can't wait to meet Charlotte in person and hear of your first days with her.
Tim, Tina, Emilia & Madeline
You make a beautiful family. What an incredible gift. She is so beautiful. You and Charlotte are fortunate to have each other. Enjoy every moment. We are so happy for you and look forward to meeting Charlotte.
Carol and Dan
At last! You had such a long wait,but it was definitely worth it. She's so gorgeous. What a lucky little girl and lucky parents. Does Karen look happy or what? We can't imagine what your feelings are right now. Treasure each moment with her.
It has been a thrill and an honor to watch you complete this final leg of your journey and we send -- to all 3 of you -- our love and well wishes. Enjoy the remainder of your time in China as you get to know this amazing little person! We wait, with great anticipation, to hear all about her. Hugs to all!!! Andrea, David, Josh & Lauren
Dear Karen and Chris,
We are so happy for you. Charlotte is a beautiful little girl. Enjoy every moment with her and come home quickly so that we all can meet her. We can't wait to see her on 23 December.
Love,
Joel and Ericka Maynard (Savannah's grandparents)
You all look so wonderful together! Happy Gotcha day. Charlotte is just gorgeous and looks terrific in your arms. Have fun!
She is beautiful. God bless and the three of you remain in our prayers.
Love Mike and Richelle
PS I thought you went to China not Siberia to get Charlotte. From the looks of the coat it must be 40 below zero
Hi Dadd Family,
Charolette is absolutely beautiful, congratulations. Reading through your journal was so exciting - I have chills!
Lisa and Rusty Smith - Massachusetts
(Friends of Jill and Peter)
Charlotte is GORGEOUS!!! Karen & Chris, you look absolutely ecstatic. I am so deeply happy for you! Can't wait to read and see more. Be well and stay warm!
LOVE,
Rani
Karen and Chris,
Congratulations on a beautiful baby girl! I'm in tears looking at the pictures and thinking back to our "Gotcha Day". Thanks for the journey! Best wishes!
Rusty, Jill, & Emme
I love Charlotte Grace's baby pictures. I love them all. Love, Gianna xoxoxoxoxo
Mark says he will have her pony ready when you get back. Glad to see everything is going so well so far. Keep us updated on the rest of your trip. M&M
I can't believe she is finally yours! I have been looking at her all day long. I just can't stop looking at her. She is so cute. Karen looks wonderful with her baby in her arms. I became teary eyed when I saw the three of you together. What a wonderful day for the three of you. It's also a wonderful day for me. I'm so jealous of Dad. He gets to see her in person. I can't wait to hold her. In the meantime enjoy and love her as I'm sure you will This will be your best Christmas ever.
Give Charlotte a big kiss from her grandmom. Love, Mom
Chris and Karen, Congratulations!! Charlotte is Beautiful! She is a perfect addition to our family. Can wait to see her in person.
Your Cousin,
Scott
Congratulations Karen, Chris and Charlotte! She is just amazing. Enjoy your beautiful little girl!
Lori & Dan
She's sooo beautiful!! Really great pictures - I've been looking at them all day and showing them to the family tonight. Keep the photos & updates coming.
Kathy,Eddie,Adam,David and "Jayne-in-waiting" Taylor
She's sooo beautiful!! Really great pictures - I've been looking at them all day and showing them to the family tonight. Keep the photos & updates coming.
Kathy,Eddie,Adam,David and "Jayne-in-waiting" Taylor
I am speechless, I am without speech! Congratulations on becoming a family of three. Santa Claus really worked his magic this year. Thanks for letting us all share in the joy.
Love, John and Linda
Jill has been keeping us updated on your wait, glad to see it's finally over. What a GIFT you have received!!! She is beautifull!!!
Take care and God Bless,
The Brassards
(friends of peter and jill)
Wow !! Charlotte Grace is absolutely beautiful ! What an absolutely precious gift she is ! We can hardly wait to meet her in person...thanks so much for sharing your joy with us ! Keep the photos of your blessing coming !!
Love,
Jonathan, Linda, Katie, Nathan and Noah Kent
Karen, Chris and Charlotte, Congratulations on becoming a family. We are so happy for all of you and send our very best wishes and hopes for a safe return. Enjoy every minute of this special time!
Love,
The Kushners--Paul, Kate, David and Christine
So happy for you.She's such a sweetheart.Thanks for sharing this whole adventure with us!!
Post a Comment